Set up a Hop Node on EC2
Create an EC2 instance to run your Hop Node
- 2.Sign into your AWS account
- 3.In the "services" search bar, type "EC2" and click on the first result
- 4.Click "Launch Instance"
- 5.Select "Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS (HVM), SSD Volume Type"
- 6.Search for the instance type "m5.large" and select this instance
- 7.Click "Next: Configure Instance Details"
- 8.Click "Next: Add Storage"
- 9.In the "Size (GiB)" column, use "100" instead of the default "8"
- 10.Click "Review and Launch"
- 11.Click "Launch"
- 12.Select "Create a new key pair" and name it "hop-node"
- 13.Click "Download Key Pair" and save the .pem file on your machine
- 14.Click "Launch Instances"
- 1.Navigate to the directory where you downloaded your .pem file (for example, try
- 2.Run the following commands to set up your Hop Node directory and server access.
i. Create .ssh directory if not existing already:
ii. Move .pem file to the ssh directory:
mv ~/Downloads/hop-node.pem ~/.ssh
iii: Change the permission of the .pem file for SSH:
chmod 400 ~/.ssh/hop-node.pem
- 1.Navigate to your EC2 instances (this should be the page you were on last)
- 2.Select your instance and click the "Connect" button
- 3.Choose "SSH client"
- 4.Copy the last line labeled "Example"
In the Terminal on your local machine
- 1.Paste the command you copied and run it
- 2.When prompted, type "yes" and click enter